OF CUISINE - GIUSEPPE DELL'OSSO LIBRARY ITALIAN ACADEMY
Over the years, the Academy has witnessed the spontaneous growth of a collection of books, mostly donated by members.
Since September 2012, the resulting Library has been hosted by the University of Milan – Bicocca, thereby allowing students, instructors and researchers to use a significant resource dedicated to gastronomy and food science.
The Library’s collections
5,000 works, mostly on food literature and history, Italian and foreign regional cuisine, Italian food products, dietary and nutritional science, and oenology. Special sections include:
- Anastatic prints of 16th- to 18th-century works on gastronomy
- Works published by the Academy: this section encompasses all the Academy’s editorial activity since its foundation (catalogues of the Academy’s travelling exhibitions, the Gastronomic Culture Collection, the Gastronomic Culture Itineraries, the Food Culture Library, and the Restaurant Guides).
- Cookbooks gathering recipes from regional traditional cuisine.
- The Academy’s monothematic leaflets on the themes discussed in the most important gatherings promoted by the Academy and its Delegations.
- Numerous works of great importance created by the Academy’s Delegations both in Italy and abroad.
The Academy’s Library also boasts various antique and rare texts.
FOR INFORMATION SERVICES AND BIBLIOGRAPHIC REFERENCES
National Secretariat: 02/66987018
Location: the collection is available for consultation in the Central Library of the University of Milan – Bicocca: 1, Piazza dell'Ateneo Nuovo, 20162 Milan, Building U6, second floor.
Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM to 9:45 PM; Saturday, 9:00 AM to 1:45 PM. More information